AWD the name itself gives the idea what will be their work and they provide the power in each and every corner of the cars. During acceleration, the vehicle provides maximum forward traction and provides maximum helps in the slippery roads and also at the time of off-roading. The purpose of the AWD vehicle is to get you out when you get stuck in the mud, snow, etc.
They deliver the power initially to one set of wheels, it can be front or as well as rear too. When you face the situation of slippery or got stuck it delivers the power to the other axle from one axle in order to find more traction.
All-wheel-drive appears to be cheaper, lighter and easy to operate in comparison with the four-wheel drive.
All-wheel-drive is made for the on-road use and holds the capability to deliver the engine’s power in all four tires every time. All-wheel drive is much better than the front-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive at the time of driving in snow and in the mud areas.
The All-wheel-drive tends to shuffle the torque between the front and rear tires when required and even it automatically switches it to the two-wheel-drive mode in order to improve the fuel economy.
Check our list of AWD vehicles along with their type:
- Audi A4 – Luxury sedan with a pocket full of features.
- Jeep Cherokee– Fastest AWD SUV in the segment.
- Mercedes Benz e class– Blend of performance and elegance in the wagon.
- Dodge challenger– coupe with unbeatable power and iconic styles.
- Jaguar F- Convertible sports car with high performance and technology.